A construction crane lifted the metal canopy into place over the past weekend as FIGat7th marches toward a fall 2012 grand opening
One of the most anticipated developments in Downtown LA this year has been the renovations going on at FIGat7th in the Financial District. Remaking a tired old mall into an exciting new destination. All those who live, work, and/or play in Downtown LA have been waiting eagerly to find out what new businesses are coming into this new shopping center that will be anchored by a City Target. Today, there is definitely some exciting news as six new gourmet restaurant concepts have been announced and here they are:
• Juicy Lucy – Chef Paul Shoemaker will open his first downtown location with a concept dedicated to the art of the burger and his signature “Juicy Lucy” cheeseburger made famous at his top-rated Malibu restaurant, Savory. Shoemaker, a current 2012 James Beard Award semi-finalist, who also recently earned a “Top Newcomer 2012” award for Savory from Zagat, originally earned his rising star status on the LA dining scene as a critically acclaimed Chef for Bastide, Providence and Water Grill among others.
• Loteria Grill
– Award-winning Chef Jimmy Shaw brings the newest installment of his top-rated Los Angeles restaurant. Showcasing the best in traditional Mexican cuisine from distinct regions, Loteria Grill features bold flavors, fresh ingredients and traditional recipes, with hand-crafted Tortas sandwiches to be added to his vibrant menu for his downtown location.
• Lamill Coffee
– Coffee connoisseur Craig Min, founder of Lamill, will open his newest café with partner and iconic chef Michael Mina of the Mina Group. Lamill will offer only the best of handcrafted, self-roasted gourmet coffee beverages and beans, along with exotic teas and delectable, inspired foods from the kitchen of Michael Mina.
• Oleego by Park’s Barbeque – Jenee Kim, a global phenomenon and the culinary force behind LA’s top-rated Korean BBQ restaurant, brings her Korea Town favorite to downtown with a new installment of her award-winning Korean BBQ sensation, blending traditional flavors with modern sensibilities and fresh ingredients.
• Indus – Chef Bhupender Singh, the head chef and owner of Ambrosia in Monterrey, CA, will offer up a fresh spin on his award-winning Indian cuisine, featuring a signature blend of authentic and flavorful Indian cooking served in a contemporary, casual environment. Indus will feature two full traditional clay Tandoor ovens, positioned directly in front of the customer. One tandoor is dedicated to freshly-baked naan bread, with the other dedicated to Tandoori Chicken. Singh will also include a selection of traditional Indian curries such as Chicken Tikka Masala and Saag Paneer along with a selection of unique Indian fusion dishes created by Chef Singh.
• Choppe Choppe
– Chef Jeffrey Price’s focus on sourcing his produce from local growers and proteins from organic farms has made this causal concept a favorite serving a wide variety of fresh, handcrafted sandwiches, soups and eclectic appetizers.
A rendering gives us an idea what to expect when FIGat7th renovations are completed this fall 2012 (Photo: FIGat7th)